history of george and frances Ball foundation
The George and Frances Ball Foundation was founded in 1937 as a private foundation endowed by George and Frances Ball. The Foundation was “organized exclusively to promote charitable, scientific and educational purposes.” The Foundation has a strong commitment to the needs of East Central Indiana. Their daughter, Elisabeth Ball, was also a major contributor to the endowment after her passing in the 1980s. The family is well known for their philanthropy and for numerous other accomplishments including championing education, collecting items such as rare children's literature, and creating the Ball jar Blue Book.